Dorothea Dix Park Flowers Field
Join us for our Movies at Dix Park Halloween Double Feature! 6:00 pm - Seating + Food Trucks Open 6:30 pm- Family Friendly Feature- The Addams Family 8:15 pm- Adult Feature- Scream
If we need to postpone or reschedule due to inclement weather, we will post on Eventbrite, on our Dix Park Facebook page and those registered will receive an email.
Registration is not required, but it does help us to know how many guests to expect and we can contact you with important information including event changes due to weather conditions.
This event is free to the public thanks to Dorothea Dix Park Conservancy donors.
The movie will be shown in Flowers Field. The best park entrances to use are Hunt Drive off of Western Boulevard or Blair Drive off of Centennial Parkway. The address of the field is roughly 2105 Umstead Drive for those who use GPS. Look for signs along Umstead Drive. Visit dixpark.org for location and parking map.
Parking is available in the four parking lots off of Umstead Drive. Due to the high volume of people and limited parking, please carpool if possible. Do not park in the grass – driving on tree roots damages the trees and we want to keep the 150 year old oaks around for as long as possible! Visit dixpark.org for location and parking map.
Know Before You Go
- While we encourage you to enjoy the food trucks, you are welcome to bring your own food and beverages. Beer and wine are permitted, but please be responsible!
- Bring a blanket or low beach chairs to sit on, so that you don’t obstruct the view for others.
- A flashlight or a flashlight app on your cell phone may come in handy.
- Port-a-johns are the only bathroom facility available and include an ADA accessible option.
- Leashed, friendly dogs are welcome, but please use your best judgement to determine if your pooch will enjoy the show!
Dorothea Dix Park continues to work to be accessible and welcoming for visitors with disabilities and limited mobility. Accessible Parking with reserved spaces are available in all lots on campus. Handicap accessible port-a-johns are located at the Big Field and Flowers Field. Portions of Dorothea Dix Park, including some areas where programs and events occur, have uneven surfaces are not ADA accessible at this time.
Planning a visit to Dix Park and have questions about accessibility? Contact Joseph Voska, Programs